AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) — Update at 1:30 p.m. Feb. 19: Amarillo police have released the name of the truck driver in Tuesday morning's fatal accident.
The driver of the tractor-trailer truck is Ismael Espinosa-Cabrera, 45 of Dallas, APD said in a release.
No arrests have been made, according to APD.
Update at 1:19 p.m. Feb. 19: Amarillo Police have identified the man killed Tuesday morning, Feb. 19, in a two-vehicle accident at Dumas Drive and Willow Creek Avenue.
Killed at the scene was Kenneth Richard Evenson, 67, of Amarillo, driver of a 1993 Jeep Wrangler.
According to an APD news release:
- At 6:17 a.m., APD officers were dispatched to a wreck at Willow Creek Avenue and North Dumas Highway.
- A 1993 Jeep Wrangler driven by Kenneth Richard Evenson, 67 of Amarillo, had been westbound on Willow Creek.
- A 2007 International tractor pulling a box trailer, driven by a 45-year-old Dallas man was southbound on the Dumas Highway service road.
- The driver of the International apparently ran the stop sign for southbound traffic, and collided with the Jeep.
- Evenson died on scene as a result of injuries suffered in the collision.
- Justice of the Peace Debbie Horn has ordered an autopsy.
- The incident is being investigated by the Traffic Investigation Squad of the Amarillo Police Department.
Update 7:47 a.m. Feb. 19: One man is dead after a two-vehicle collision about 6:17 a.m. Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Willow Creek and Dumas Drive, according to police on the scene.
According to Amarillo police on the scene:
- A man driving an 18-wheeler Fed-Ex truck was southbound on Dumas Drive and reportedly ran a stop sign.
- Man in his 60s was westbound on Willow Creek drive in a Jeep.
- The Jeep collided with the 18-wheeler.
- The driver of the Jeep died at the scene.
- Judge Debbie Horn will be on the scene to conduct a coroner's inquest this morning.
- There were no indications of drug or alcohol use.
- There were no indications of a weather related accident
Original post 7:10 a.m. Feb. 19:
Law enforcers are working a major accident at this hour Tuesday, Feb. 19, at Dumas Drive and Willow Creek.
Do other details are confirmed at this hour.
Driver caution is urged in that area.
ABC 7 Amarillo will update with details as they are available.