Hope And Healing Half Marathon 2018
AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) —
Bright and early this morning, people came together downtown to show support for those on a healing journey.
The Hope and Healing Place hosted it's 'Hope And Healing Half Marathon' on Sunday, May 20. The event is a fundraiser for HHP.
The running route took runners through downtown and historic Oliver Eakle and Wolflin neighborhoods, past parks and through central Amarillo.
HHP is a non-profit organization offering support groups to grieving children, families, and individuals at no charge. Funding comes from contributions, memorials, grants, and special events like the half marathon and The BIG Cheese.
There are five different free support group services offered through HHP.
- Generations Family Program - A grief support program for families that have experienced a death. This program provides support and healing for school-aged children and adults. There are two program cycles annually, one begins in the fall and the other in the spring. Each cycle is eight sessions long and sessions are held every other week on Tuesday evenings.
- Heartprints- A support group for parents who have experienced infant loss due to miscarriage, stillbirth, or death of a child newborn to two-years-old.
- Hope Camp- A week long, half-day summer camp for children going into kindergarten through sixth grade that have experienced a death.
- SOS Survivors of Suicide - A six session program focusing on emotions associated with suicide, for those who have lost a loved one to suicide.
- La Esperanza - A Spanish speaking version of our Generations Family Program.
- Our Children's Blessings - Created to provide help during a family's time of need after the loss of an infant, both financially and emotionally.
To visit the HHP website, click here.