Fire damages home; occupants escape uninjured
AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) —
Shortly after 10 p.m. Wednesday evening, Amarillo firefighters were sent to 105 Wayside on a report of a home on fire.
No injuries were reported, and the home's occupants escaped before firefighter's arrived, according to an Amarillo Fire Department news release.
According to the AFD release:
- At 10:04 p.m., Amarillo Fire Dispatch received a report of a possible structure fire at 105 Wayside.
- At 10:08 p.m, units arrived on scene to find heavy amounts of smoke coming from the residential structure.
- Firefighters were able to determine that the fire was inside of the home's attic.
- Additional units were requested to the scene at 10:20 p.m. for additional manpower.
- Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control by 10:52 p.m.
- There were no injuries at this incident. The occupants of the home escaped without incident prior to firefighters arriving on scene.
- The Amarillo Fire Marshals were called to the scene, and upon investigation the fire was ruled accidental.
- Damage to the home is estimated at $65,000