Early-morning fire damages two residences; one person injured
Firefighters doused a blaze at 110 N. La Salle early this morning. One resident was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation. (Courtesy: ABC 7 Amarillo-Steve Douglass)
AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) — A resident was treated early this morning at the scene of a fire at 110 N. La Salle, according to a news release from the Amarillo Fire Department.
Shortly after 3 a.m. firefighters were sent to the North La Salle address where they found a detached car port and storage building fully engulfed in flames.
The exterior of a home at 108 N. La Salle also was damage.
- According to the news release:
- Date: Friday, Aug. 17
- Address: 110 N. LaSalle
- Time of : 3:07 a.m.
- Arrival time: 3:10 a.m.
- Under control: 3:46 a.m.
- Units on scene: 7
- Firefighters on scene: 18
- Damage: $60,000
- APD officers arrived on scene and evacuated occupants of both addresses.
- One occupant, living in a rear apartment of 110 N La Salle was evaluated by AMS and was treated, on scene, for minor smoke inhalation.
- The Amarillo Fire Marshal's Office responded to the address, and the cause of the fire is under investigation.