DPS Trooper seize 160 pounds of marijuana during traffic stop
DPS troopers on Tuesday stopped a 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe on a traffic violation. About 160 pounds of marijuana was seized, and two people were arrested. (Courtesy Texas Department of Public Safety)
CLARENDON, Texas (KVII) — Texas Department of Public Safety troopers seized 160 pounds of marijuana and four pounds of THC wax during a traffic stop Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019, in Donley County, according to a DPS news release.
According to the DPS release:
- About 2:56 p.m. Tuesday, Jan. 8, a DPS trooper stopped a 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe on a traffic violation.
- The Tahoe was towing a U-Haul trailer, traveling east on U.S. Highway 287 near Clarendon.
- A DPS K-9 team arrived on scene and alerted on the vehicle.
- The trooper then discovered 13 boxes of vacuum-sealed packages of marijuana and one package of THC wax inside the trailer.
- The driver was identified as Timothy Robinson, 32, of Bakersfield, Calif.
- A passenger was identified as Sahenette Brooks, 40, also Bakersfield.
- Both were arrested on charges of felony possession of marijuana, and were booked into the Donley County Jail.
- The drugs allegedly were being transported from Bakersfield to Dallas.