WOODWARD COUNTY, Okla. (KVII) — An 18-year-old Dalhart, Texas, man drowned Sunday, July 14, at Fort Supply Lake in Woodward County, Okla., according to a release from the Oklahoma Highway Patrol.
OHP identified the man as Mario Sebastian-Mejia, 18, of Dalhart.
According to the OHP release:
- The drowning happened about 1:35, Sunday, July 14, at Fort Supply Lake in Woodward County.
- Witnesses told OHP that Sebastian-Mejia was wading outside the swim beach area about 90 yards south of the boat ramp and about 50 feet east of the west short line.
- Sebastian-Mejia fell off jetty wall, went underwater, and never resurfaced.
- Sebastian-Mejia’s body was found about 4:50 p.m. in 5 feet of water.
- A side-scan sonar was used to find the body, and it was recovered by the use of drag tool.
- Sebastian-Mejia’s body was transported to the Office of the Medical Examiner in Oklahoma City, OK.
- Conditions at the lake were 86 degrees, with water temperature of 91, water was calm with wind of less than 10 mph.
- Sebastian-Mejia was not wearing a life jacket.