Class 2A all-state football team
Mon, 16 Dec 2013 23:21:31 GMT —
The 2013 Texas Associated Press Sports Editors Class 2A all-state high school football team, released Monday. Voting based on regular-season performance. Players are listed in alphabetical order at each position.
- CLAY BREWER, Eastland, Sr. -- highest graded OL on team that averaged 510 yards & 49 points
- JOE RICHARD CASTELLANO, Refugio, Jr. -- 21 pancakes, graded at 96 percent, 0 sacks allowed
- KYLEN HARRELL, Cameron Yoe, Sr. -- 31 pancakes, 13 knockdowns, team averagd 433.2 yards per game
- BOYD HENRY, Wall, Sr. -- Graded at 96 percent, 25 pancakes, offense averaged 453 yards and 48 points
- JACOB REID, Wall, Sr. -- Graded at 96 percent, 28 pancakes, offense averaged 453 yards and 48 points
- JANSEN MCCURDY, White Oak -- 40-1,112, 14 TDs receiving
- AARON MITCHELL, Teague, Jr. -- 64-1,189, 17 TDs receiving
- TRAVIS QUINTANILLA, Refugio, Sr. -- 149-206-3,092, 39 TDs passing, 1 INT
- GUNNER TATUM, Crane, Sr. -- 226-2,165, 17 TDs rushing
- MATT VALADEZ, Stockdale, Sr. -- 2,045 rushing yards, 30 TDs, 8 2-point conversions
- JEFFERY WILSON, Elkhart, Sr. -- 275-2,487, 35 TDs rushing
- TY MCKINNEY, Leonard, Sr. -- 5-7 FGs, long of 44; 49-53 PATS, 28 touchbacks
Offensive Player of the Year: Travis Quintanilla, Refugio
- THOMAS BASQUEZ, Post, Sr. -- 125 tackles, 10 sacks, 15 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries
- RYAN HARRIS, Eastland, Sr. -- 104 total tackles, 20 solo, 84 assist, 11 sacks, 22 tackles for loss, 2 forced fumbles, 2 pass breakups
- KELSHIN NEAL, Daingerfield, Sr. -- 134 tackles, 20 sacks, 46 tackles for loss
- COLTON SCHWARTZ, Lago Vista, Sr. -- 109 tackles, 26 tackles for loss, 7 sacks, 4 fumble recoveries, 3 forced fumbles
- DRU LUST, Abernathy, Sr. -- 135 tackles, 5 sacks, 6 INTs, 5 forced fumbles, 10 pass breakups
- ALEJO RODRIGUEZ, Post, Jr. -- 151 tackles, 4 sacks, 10 tackles for loss, 3 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries
- KYE SCHWARTZ, Wall, Sr. -- 119 tackles, 5 sacks, 7 tackles for loss, 3 fumble recoveries, 2 INTs, 3 defensive TDs
- DALTON HERRINGTON, Hallettsville, Sr. -- 143 tackles, 7 tackles for loss, 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 12 pass breakups, 1 INT
- KYLE PEGGRAM, Olton, Jr. -- 11 INTs, 65 tackles
- JUSTIN TRUELOVE, Bangs, Sr. -- 78 tackles, 8 tackles for loss, 7 pass breakups, 6 INTs, 3 fumble recoveries
- KLIFTON WILLIS, Tatum, Sr. -- 34 tackles, 11 INTs, 4 pass breakups, 2 defensive TDs
- CORY WINKS, Frankston, Sr. -- 62 tackles, 8 INTs, 14 pass breakups, 6 blocked kicks
- AUSTIN ROSS, Muleshoe, Sr. -- 32 punts, 44.0 avg., 3 inside the 20
Defensive Player of the Year: Kelshin Neal, Daingerfield
- Santana Aguilar, Dilley, Sr.; Trevor Davis, Crane, Sr.; Mondo Martinez, Post, Sr.; Ethan Patlan, Sonora, Jr.; William Roberts, Bangs, Sr.
- Anthony Pando, Tulia, Sr.; Josh Quinn, Sunnyvale, Sr.
- Colton Kent, Cisco, Sr.
- Brandon Johnson, Newton, Sr.; John Love, Teague, Jr.; Cedrick Perkins, East Bernard, Sr. ; Darmarcus Robinson, Cooper, Sr.
- Tyler Ellis, Blooming Grove, Jr.
- Landon Beck, Early, Jr.; Dustin McBride, Cisco, Sr.; Tralund Webber, Cameron Yoe, Sr.; Phillip Zuniga, Banquete, Jr.
- Alex Coronado, Refugio, Sr.; Anthony Hadnot, Newton, Sr.; Robert Mendez, Slaton, Sr.
- Grant Aschenbeck, East Bernard, Sr.; Kasey Byler, Ballinger, Sr.; Demetrius Gray, Sunnyvale, Sr.; DeVontae Steele, Marlin, Sr.
- Jaden Dement, Clyde, Sr.
HONORABLE MENTION OFFENSE
LINEMEN: Garrett Bowery, Gladewater Union Grove; Lionel DeLeon, Sonora; Tanner Dewbre, Abernathy; Tei Dixon-McDaniel, McGregor; Mathew Graham, Bushland; Jason Heim, White Oak; Juan Hernandez, Littlefield; Mason Holcomb, Childress; Justin Hoskinson, Bangs; Gino Juarez, Brownfield; Jordan Mattox, Newton; Cole Maxwell, Danbury; Conner Mayes, Van Alstyne; Jonathan McAnulty, Cameron Yoe; Logan McMain, Nixon-Smiley; Anthony Norman, Edna; Ty Oliver, Cooper; Dylan Pelton, Leonard; Zach Pfiel, Stockdale; John Ross, Frankston; Dustin Smith, Muleshoe; Johnny Swires, Canadian; Bryan Townsend, Whitesboro; Matthew Wiethorn, Crawford; Tyler Williams, Cooper.
RECEIVERS/ENDS: Tyler Blackwell, Danbury; Cole Brunett, Whitney; Jordan Demps, Brownfield; Dirk DeVries, Dublin; Boston Hudson, Canadian; Colby Lee, Grandview; Austin Ross, Muleshoe; Colton Shuffield, Cameron Yoe; Aaron Sims, Cameron Yoe.
QUARTERBACKS: Ben Arbuckle, Canadian; Ryan Cottingame, Sunnyvale; Luke Dacy, Wall; Jason Kopriva, Cameron Yoe; Josh Moylan, Eastland; Spencer Seman, Danbury.
RUNNING BACKS: D.J. Brown, Post; Brandon Jackson, Tulia; Kevin Johnson, Waskom; Jordan Martinez, Grandview; De'Vonte Mathis, Littlefield; Braden Murphy, Crawford; Jaden Roberts, Comanche; Carson Skala, Rogers; Traion Smith, Cameron Yoe; Solomon Titus, Leonard; Willie Winborne, S&S Consolidated.
KICKERS: Adolfo Cordero, Refugio; Alex Lara, Schulenburg; Devin O'Sullivan, Corsicana Mildred; Zach Tovar, Abernathy.
HONORABLE MENTION DEFENSE
LINEMEN: Brett Boles, McGregor; Garrett Bowery, Gladewater Union Grove; Caden Bruton, Frankston; Elijah Cross, Sonora; Lucas Greenwood, Pilot Point; John Groff, Pilot Point; Nathan Hlavinka, East Bernard; Alexander Hoskins, Teague; Garrett Johnson, Jacksboro; Tristan Jones, Cooper; Justin McGuire, East Bernard; Sadler Pinkerton, Olton.
LINEBACKERS: Michael Alexander, Brownfield; Dylan Dunn, Stockdale; Garrett Gibson, Gladewater Union Grove; Demetrius Hill, Tatum; Aaron Jongema, Aransas Pass; Tavaris Owens, Whitney; Mason Reed, Cisco; Justin Reeves, Hallettsville; Cody Rosales, East Bernard; Bryan Smith, Post; Chris Smith, Jefferson; Kyshaun Smith, Tatum; Gaje Smock, Elkhart; Zach Stavinoha, East Bernard; Dylan Washington, Godley; Somari Wright, Cameron Yoe.
DEFENSIVE BACKS: Colton Adamick, Crawford; Branden Dietzman, McGregor; Garrett Earlywine, Nixon-Smiley; Braxton Iden, Coahoma; Colt Labay, Cameron Yoe; Cameron Loveday, Refugio; Devonte Mathis, Littlefield; Eriq Mitchell, Lago Vista; Justin Pratt, Cameron Yoe; Austin Ross, Muleshoe; Chance Seale, McGregor; Draylon Sterling, Corsciana Mildred.
PUNTERS: Jason Kopriva, Cameron Yoe; David Llamas, Bloomington; Ty McKinney, Leonard.