The Amarillo Fire Department, and Amarillo Police department, on Tuesday night, responded to a vehicle explosion at the Granite Apartments at 3318 S. Western St.
After investigation by the APD Bomb Squad and Amarillo Fire Marshal's Office, it was determined that the vapors from an acetylene tank in the trunk of the car caused the explosion.
Dillion Aizar, a resident, said he could heard the explosion on the other side of the apartment complex.
"I was watching TV and I heard a loud explosion that kind of shook my apartment. We got outside to see what it was and there were a bunch of cops cars and fire trucks everywhere," Aizar said.
The person in the car was treated for minor injuries on scene.
Acetylene is a colorless, explosive, and flammable gas that is often used for cutting metal and welding.