Travis Middle School sixth grade campus back in class after temporary evacuation
AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) —
UPDATE: 10:38 a.m.
Amarillo Fire Department crews responded to a smoke alarm at Travis Middle School at about 9 a.m. Monday morning.
According to Fire Chief Cpt. Larry Davis, when crews arrived on scene it was reported that a light switch in one of the classrooms had overheated due to an electrical malfunction and let off a light amount of smoke. A fire alarm was pulled and the school was evacuated.
An investigation by fire crews found no fire. The scene was turned over to the building's maintenance crew and students were allowed back in their classrooms.
No injuries were reported.
Travis Middle school sixth grade campus is back in class after temporarily being evacuated after smoke from a bad light switch triggered alarm.
According to Amarillo Fire Department District Chief, "Smoke from a bad light switch triggered the alarm. All students and teachers in the classroom did their normal evacuation."
Excel and AISD maintenance team are currently on the campus for further assistance.
No one was injured.