Out and about this next week, the Texas Department of Transportation says motorists can expect delays throughout Amarillo because of construction projects.
Paul Braun, TxDOT spokesman, said all projects are subject to change because of the weather, emergency work and other unexpected events.
· On IH-27, expect the left lane to be closed northbound from Bell Street to Western Street for milling and repaving.
· On Amarillo Boulevard, expect lane closures in both directions from Grand Street to Loop 335 (Lakeside) for milling and repaving.
· On the IH-40 frontage roads, expect various lane closures in both directions between Tyler and Washington Streets while work crews rebuild sidewalk ramps to comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) specifications.
· On IH-40, expect two lanes to be closed in each direction at the Georgia and Crocket Street overpasses until late August for bridge-joint repair. The eastbound IH-40 exit ramp to Paramount is also closed for the duration of this project.
· On Grand Street, the northbound lanes on the east-side of the roadway are closed for construction of the new overpass. Traffic is reduced to one lane in each direction on the two west-side lanes from about ½ mile south of 3rd Street to about ½ mile north of 3rd Street. This lane closure will be in effect until the project ends at the end of August.