78
      Tuesday
      90 / 66
      Wednesday
      93 / 68
      Thursday
      92 / 67

      Surveillance cameras record Texas house explosion

      A natural gas leak is being blamed for a house explosion and fire in Dallas yesterday morning.

      CNN --

      A natural gas leak is being blamed for a house explosion and fire in Dallas yesterday morning.

      Miraculously, everyone inside the home got out safely.

      Surveillance cameras captured the blast, and another neighbor recorded the flames as she ran to escape.

      When the shaking stopped, next door was an inferno, burning white hot.

      It happened just before 6 a.m. On Tuesday. Sara Rodriguez was in her kitchen getting ready for school when the neighbor's house exploded.

      You can hear arriving firefighters yell at her to get out of her house.

      The blast shattered her windows, even melted blinds inside the home.

      1612 Champagne Drive, though, was unrecognizable.

      Studs still stood, but brick walls were blown down.

      A mother and her five children escaped. The father was at work when this happened.

      Atmos Energy said its lines weren't leaking.

      Dallas Fire and Rescue determined the explosion and fire to be an accidental one, caused by a gas leak likely to have been on the inside of the home.