component-social-facebook_share_api-v2-01
      44
      Monday
      66 / 33
      Tuesday
      63 / 34
      Wednesday
      74 / 35

      Smoke alarm saves local family

      An Amarillo man and his two children are alive thanks to the smoke alarm in their home. Amarillo firefighters responded to an apartment fire Tuesday morning, upon arrival they found the apartment to be fully engulfed in flames. The occupant told the firefighters that the smoke alarm woke him up and saved his life and his kids lives. Thankfully no one was injured.

      According to fire investigators smoking materials were left in kitchen trash can, causing the fire. Captain Bob Johnson with the fire department says to always make sure smoking materials are completely extinguished and disposed of properly.

      The fire occurred at 1601 N. Apache. The other apartments were safely evacuated, but two nearby apartments were affected by smoke damage.

      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER