MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Role of products involved in teen's bathtub death under investigation by feds

Federal safety regulators are investigating the death of a Texas teenager who is suspected to have died from electrocution in New Mexico after her plugged-in cellphone made its way into the bathtub she was in. (CNN van video)

LOVINGTON, N.M. (AP) — Federal safety regulators are investigating the death of a Texas teenager who is suspected to have died from electrocution in New Mexico after her plugged-in cellphone made its way into the bathtub she was in.

Hobbs News-Sun reports the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission is investigating to find out if any products played a role on Sunday in 14-year-old Madison Coe's death.

Authorities say Madison, a Lubbock resident, was visiting at her father's house in Lovington when she died. Family members say Coe was found in a tub holding her cellphone that was plugged into an extension cord beside the bathtub.

Emergency personnel attempted life-saving measures at the scene, in the ambulance and at the hospital before she was pronounced dead.

Trending