63
      Wednesday
      91 / 56
      Thursday
      87 / 57
      Friday
      84 / 52

      Officials: Amarillo house fire caused by cooking

      An Amarillo home received $25,000 in damage during a fire that's being blamed on cooking, the Amarillo Fire Department said.

      Fire officials responded just before 10 p.m., Wednesday to a home in the 4100 block of Parker.

      Firefighters remained on scene for about an hour and were able to save 50 percent of the home.

      Fourteen firefighters responded to the fire and one person was slightly injured, fire officials said.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER