At approximately 9 p.m. Thursday night, Amarillo Fire Department responded to the 900 block of South Van Buren for a fire that sparked in the lower level of the Amarillo Globe-News building.
Firefighters had trouble controlling the fire due to difficulty accessing the fire but they were able to control the blaze to the building of origin.
AFD said the fire was unintentional and started because a piece of operating equipment malfunctioned causing a spark to ignite dust, fiber or lint inside the building.
There were no injuries reported.
Amarillo Globe-News tweeted to customers saying that paper delivery would be delayed due the fire.