MENU

      Exhaust fan sparks structure fire


      T

      uesday morning at approximately 7:30 a.m. Amarillo Fire Department responded to a structure fire in the 1600 block of south Madison.



      When firefighters arrived on scene they found a fire at a four-unit housing complex. According to AFD, the fire was located in the attic of the building. The fire started where an exhaust fan light was installed in a bathroom ceiling. Firefighters were able to quickly contain the fire. The attic received fire damage and the rest of the building received light smoke damage.



      The fire was ruled as an accident by Amarillo Fire Marshals. There were no injuries reported.



      Volunteers with the American Red Cross are working with those affected by the fire to determine their needs.



      AFD Fire Marshals estimate the property damage at $35,000.00.

      component-story-more_media_horiz-v1-01
      FOLLOW US ON TWITTER