MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Childress Walmart evacuated due to gas leak

The Walmart in Childress has been evacuated after a gas leak was discovered on Monday. (File photo)

The Walmart in Childress was evacuated on Monday due to a gas leak.

According to the Childress Fire Department, crews went to check after receiving a report of a smell of gas at the store. When CFD arrived, they did find evidence of a leak, so they contacted Atmos.

CFD said the store was evacuated and the gas was shut off. Atmos contacted a plumber to fix the leak, which was still being fixed as of 2 p.m. Monday.

As soon as the leak is fixed, the store will be able to reopen, according to CFD.




Trending