As a result of recent rains and green up in the Texas Panhandle, Lake Meredith National Recreation Area and Alibates Flint Quarries National Monument have removed the burn ban. Fires may be built in designated fire grills, fire rings, portable stoves or grills, or small ground fires three feet in diameter or less and encircled by a barrier are permitted.
Fires are prohibited:
- Backcountry areas â?? Any and all types of open fires are prohibited. The use of portable stoves only is permitted.
- Ground fires are prohibited on the designated swimming beach at Spring Canyon.
- The burning of materials containing hardware (i.e. pallets) is prohibited.
- The burning of garbage, refuse, and discarded materials regardless of the physical makeup of the items is prohibited.
- Fires shall be extinguished upon termination of use.
- All unattended fires must be completely extinguished with no burning material remaining.