Assault investigation leads to discovery of another body, man's arrest
An investigation into a stabbing Wednesday at a Pampa Allsup's store led police to a suspect and a deceased body.
One person has been arrested, according to a release from the city of Pampa.
Pampa police worked through the night to arrest a Pampa man wanted in connection with the Allsup's stabbing, the release stated. It was during that arrest that investigators discovered an additional body.
Aaron Zachary Sackett, 23, of Pampa was charged with aggravated robbery and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in relation to the assault at Allsup's on Wednesday morning.
According to the news release:
- The Pampa Police Department, while executing a search warrant for a male suspect involve in an aggravated robbery yesterday at an Allsups convenience store in Pampa, discovered a deceased body and made one arrest.
- The search warrant was executed at the suspects possible residence in the 500 block of N. Wynne early Thursday morning, just after midnight.
- The suspect was not found, but during the search of the home, officers discovered the deceased body of an unidentified male subject.
- The body was sent to Lubbock for autopsy.
- The search of the suspect intensified overnight.
- Members of the Pampa Police Department and Gray County SWAT team executed a search warrant at just after 5 a.m. in the 1100 block of Ripley.
- One male subject was taken into custody.
During the investigation and interviews by police detectives, Sackett confessed to killing the unidentified male, police said. Sackett also has been charged with murder and tampering with physical evidence.
The investigation in on-going, and no further details are currently available, according to the release.
ABC 7 Amarillo will update this story as details become available.