Tequila Lime Chicken w/Roasted Sweet Pepper Salsa
Slice Chicken Breast, top with Grilled Sweet Pepper Salsa! Hit with fresh lime juice and Enjoy the fresh flavors of Summer on those hot July evenings. Great with tortilla chips! Fresh and flavorful to Enjoy in your Good Life!
- 3 ea 8 oz boneless skinless chicken breast
- ½ C Gold Tequila
- ½ C Natural Persian Lime Balsamic Amarillo Grape & Olive
- ½ C fresh orange juice
- 1 Tblspn McCormick chili powder
- 1 Tblspn fresh jalapeno, minced membrane removed
- 1 Tblspn garlic, minced
- 2 tspn kosher salt
- 1 tspn McCormick coarse ground black pepper
Roasted Sweet Pepper Salsa
- 4 ea baby sweet peppers
- 3 tspn extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ea small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 Tblspn fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tblspn onion, chopped
- 2 Tblspn chopped tomato
- 1 Tblspn Natural Persian Lime Balsamic Amarillo Grape & Olive
- ½ tspn sugar
Preheat your grill to medium high
Brush baby peppers with 1 tspn of extra virgin olive oil. Grill until charred about 3-5 minutes. Cool slightly, peel and seed, then finely chop.
Mix sweet peppers with jalapeno, cilantro, tomato, and onion. Add 1 Tblspn of lime balsamic, 2 tspn extra virgin olive oil, sugar and ½ tspn kosher salt.
Mix well and refrigerate before serving.
Combine the tequila, lime balsamic, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, kosher salt and coarse black pepper in a large bowl or zip lock bag and add chicken breast. Refrigerate overnight.
Heat grill to medium high, oil grate.
Remove chicken breast from marinade, season well with kosher salt and McCormick coarse black pepper. Cook for 5-8 minutes aside, until golden brown and juices run clear.