Good Life, Good Food: Summertime Shrimp Salad
The chilled grilled shrimp is amazing with the fresh watermelon taste and the incredible dressing you freshly mixed. A great lunch or dinner item for the dog days of summer!
- 1 lb grilled 16/20 P&D shrimp
- 2 Tblspn Natural Persian Lime Balsamic
- 2 Tblspn extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 ½ Tspn honey syrup
- Splash hot sauce
- ½ tspn kosher salt
- ¼ tspn coarse black pepper
- ½ ea red onion, very thinly sliced
- ¼ C fresh mint, thinly sliced
- 4 C seedless watermelon, cut into cubes
- 4 C fresh greens
- 3 oz feta cheese crumbles
Toss the shrimp in 2 Tblspn of olive oil and 1 Tblspn of Old Bays Seasoning. Over medium high heat, grill until done and a pink color.
Place in refrigerator to cool for an hour up to overnight. The longer
Whisk together lime balsamic, olive oil, honey, hot sauce, kosher salt and coarse black pepper in a large bowl. Add the grilled shrimp, red onion and 2 Tblspn of the mint. Add the watermelon and toss very gently.
Divide fresh greens on serving plates. Top with the grilled shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese and remaining mint.