Good Life, Good Food: Shrimp etoufee sauce
Shrimp Etoufee Sauce
- ½ C unsalted butter
- 1 C sweet onion, chopped
- ½ C green pepper, chopped
- ½ C celery, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ C water
- 1 Tblspn flour
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 1 Tblspn Worcestershire sauce
- 1 lb 16/20 shrimp, cleaned, deveined and split
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp coarse ground pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper hot sauce
In a dutch oven or small stock pot melt butter. Saute onion, green pepper, celery and garlic.
Mix flour and water and add to sauté with tomato paste and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 15 minutes.
Add shrimp, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes more.
Add pepper sauce and cook 5 more minutes.
Serve as a sauce with Cajun Tilapia and brown rice.