Good Life, Good Food : Grilled New York Strip w/chimichurri Sauce
When summertime calls for big fresh flavors, chimichurri sauce is always a hit! Give it a try and Enjoy big bold flavors when it is so HOT outside. Fresh flavors and wonderful New York steak, a great way to start your weekend, or for entertaining!
- 2 ea 14 oz Upper 2/3rds Choice Striploin steaks
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 1 tspn McCormick Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1 1/3 C Fresh parsley loosely packed
- 2/3 C Fresh cilantro leaves, loosely packed
- 2 Tblspn garlic, chopped in water
- ½ tspn McCormick red pepper flakes
- ¼ C red wine vinegar
- ¾ C Oregano Olive Oil Amarillo Grape &Olive Oil
Preheat Grill to medium high heat
Let strip steaks get up to room temperature. Season with kosher salt and coarse black pepper liberally on both sides.
Pulse together parsley, cilantro, garlic and McCormick red pepper flakes in food processor until coarsely chopped, about 10 1 second pulses. And red wine vinegar, and slowly incorporate the Oregano olive oil until mix emulsifies. Cover with film wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
Put strips on the grill, cook for 3-4 minutes a side for medium rare.
Pull strip steaks from the grill, let rest 3-5 minutes then slice. Top with fresh chimichurri sauce and serve with grilled green onions or fresh tomato!